This is the view from my room at Ronnie and Freda's
It's not crowded at all! The other day Freda was complaining about a traffic jam - there were 3 cars waiting to turn right across a road, waiting for less than a couple of minutes. The hills are green with rich lovely grass (good for laminitis so horse owner's watch out!) while little white daisies dot my hosts' yard. Tons of people have gardens (same as in England) and it's windy because we're right off the coast and there's not much to stop it.
This is the sort of community centre - "Caithness Horizons" - it's also a visitor's centre with heaps of great museum stuff and videos to watch educating you about the area. Highly recommend it. And how cool is the building!?!
I was up late reading a book last night and it was still not fully dark, it was more like deep dusk, and it was midnight.
Freda and her daughter Pauline took me to Dunnet Head on Thurs night - this is about 7:30pm
Today I'm enjoying no responsibilities, chatted with my mom, about to head downtown and check out some of the shops, and then have lunch with Ronnie and Freda in a nice cafe by the beach. It's another beautiful sunny day, and my allergies are trying to make a strong comeback (yesterday was bad) but I'm trying to beat them back with an ugly stick. Either way I'm determined to enjoy this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment